Thursday, May 19, 2011

Buttermilk Pancakes with Buttermilk Syrup

I got this pancake recipe from our friend's the Johnson's and it is heaven sent. I have never really had good homemade pancakes before and these completely sold me on the idea. Thank's for sharing Brittany :)

Johnson's Buttermilk Pancakes
3 eggs separated
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 2/3 cups buttermilk
1 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbs sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil

Beat egg whites until stiff, set aside. Put yokes and the rest of the ingredients together and mix. Last but not least fold in egg whites. It is what makes the pancakes so FLUFFY!!!
This Buttermilk Syrup is McKenzie's and I have been waiting for her to put it on here but she is just a little bit busy moving to "Braska" right now and so I thought I would put it on the blog for her. It is SO SO SO yummy! I had never had this Syrup until McKenzie fed me and Damien breakfast a few months back and I fell madly in love with it :)

McKenzie's Buttermilk Syrup

11/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter(one stick)
2 tbs corn syrup
1 tsp soda

You just mix all of the above ingredients and cook on medium heat. Stir constantly until the liquid turns the caramel color and is thick like syrup :) It is also really good on crepe's and on ice cream.



1 comment:

  1. Just to give proper credit: I copied the syrup recipe down from a card on mom's fridge and I believe it came from the kitchen of Sonya!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...